Benefits and Features:
- Consistent, proper planting depth no matter the field.
- Automatic response time, unlike air bag systems that can take up to 20 seconds or more to respond.
- Greater control – with row-by-row sensing and control available, apply variable pressure across changing spots in the field or where more compaction is present.
- Minimize row unit stress and bounce with the unique nitrogen accumulator that accommodates the tough operating conditions of today’s faster planters
- Multiple channels of control, which adjust sections of the planter separately to apply optimal down force where it’s needed.
- “Free energy” uplift springs provide lift for row units with large hopper boxes, or in heavily tilled or sandy soils. No added complexity of additional hardware, hydraulic lines and the associated drag.
Hydraulic Down Force Features
Instant response time
Ag Leader’s Hydraulic Down Force system adjusts pressure instantly in changing soil types without the inconsistency created by pneumatic systems that respond over a longer period of time (and land). It could take an air bag system up to 20 seconds to inflate enough to create the proper down force, compared to one second with Ag Leader’s Hydraulic Down Force System. The difference? A quarter acre using a 24-row planter.
Stress minimizing accumulator
Row unit stress and bounce caused by in-field obstacles is prevented by Ag Leader’s unique stress minimizing nitrogen accumulator. Acting as a cushion, the accumulator is able to accept up to 100 percent of the down force actuator’s fluid capacity – perfect for today’s higher speed planters.